By Dez Duran-Lamanilao
When a brand achieves a certain milestone, marketers cannot wait to share this to the world. Letting the world know is their way of gaining new audience, keeping their followers, and most importantly, re-establishing their presence in the market. One way to do this is via Instagram. Visual imagery feeds the senses and makes everything look alive. This encourages better customer recall and response.
The leading global brands that rank the highest in terms of Instagram followers as of August 2017 are National Geographic, Nike, Victoria’s Secret, Real Madrid C.F. and FC Barcelona. Some of the most important Instagram statistics that advertisers and marketers may gain insight from include the following:
- Usage of social media platforms for business-to-consumer (B2C) content marketing in North America
- US social networks preference to learn more about new products
- Online brand discovery
- Average daily and monthly Instagram brand posts
- Video and image post user interactions
- Monthly image and video posts by brands
How can you increase your followers to create public awareness and reach out to more consumers?
- Cross promotion can give a brand a new fan base to connect with; the most sure-fire way to do this is to collaborate with big Instagrammers or celebrities that you think will be able to give your brand a boost.
- Post only quality and consistent content. It goes without saying that the effective way to gain attention is to produce inspiring and superior posts. Quality always exceeds quantity.
- It is not just all about the brand. It is also about your followers. Encourage them to create content for you and watch it grow into a snowball effect.
Not only does Instagram help them in reaching to the public; it also captures the brand’s moments in the most expressive and creative ways. Appealing to your target audience’s innermost emotions, interests and habits may just be the perfect way to engage with them and encourage participation.